Search The Web!

Custom Search

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Voice Over Land


Greetings,

You know how people want to be in voiceovers? Usually because "it seems fun!" or "its easy, just sit there an talk."

Well, for me its more than sitting and talking and doing it cuz its easy. No its nothard, and I love it. Its smooth for me because I have been a radio professional for 6 years now. For a 25 year old, thats long and important. I find myself to be very accomplished and extra special.

I love talking because I love hearing my silky sexy voice. I love to read outloud because I use my imagination to picture myself in what I read.

When I was about 8 or 9 years old, I can remember sitting in a dance studio reading a book. A first grade teacher saw me moving my lips as I read and she said to me, "don't move your lips" "you'll read slower that way." Well, I stopped of course but I realized all of the pictures and thoughts floating in my head began to jumble up. I couldn't visualize anymore.

Then I went to college and became an international music DJ and host and had a blast. I love being behind a microphone! Its so freeing!

I realized I have a natural talent and also realized I needed to continue to exercise my voice. So, I read everything I could get my hands on, OUTLOUD, or loud enough for me to hear myself. (I still do today, of course not all the time, but I do)

I feel even more distinguished when I read a loud. I train my voice and hear every smooth, tempo, cracked, and crazy sound my cords make.

See, I didn't read aloud because I thought it was fun, or easy. I did it because I liked it. I live in voice over land because I LOVE IT!

Thanx,

Unique

You Like to Salsa???

No comments: